Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Hello, my peeps! How are you today? I am well! Thank you for caring :-)

I am reading "Simple Abundance: A Daybook of Comfort and Joy" by Sarah Ban Breathnach. Wonderful book! It contains daily readings dedicated to creating a life of abundance. So per one of her suggestions, I am writing a daily gratitude list of five items for which I am grateful. I love journaling and this is helping me through a particularly difficult period of my life. So, what am I grateful for today? I know you are as curious as a cat to know! sooooo....I am grateful today for :

1. Al-Anon's worldwide fellowship
2. Al-A-Pals
3. Garrison Keilor's radio shows about Lake Wobegone
4. The Chicken Man radio show
5. Laughter

The first two items help me lead a saner life. I am surrounded by a sea of alcoholics, you see. Some of you reading may even possess an awareness that you are an alcoholic, or have even moved further along your learning progress by accepting your disease, and better yet...you may be taking action to combat the disease of alcoholism. If you are...kudos! It's a major battle. Just so you know I became irritable and unreasonable without even knowing that it was because I am an adult child of an adult child of an alcoholic. Hmmm....interesting...but too much detail that right now I prefer not to dwell on. Non-productive to dwell on this subject too long.


The last three items simply cause me to laugh and smile. This leads to serenity. Me gusto mucho, serenity! Such a fleeting feeling that I am working on harnessing more.

So, my daily gratitude list has so far granted me two very cool opportunities to experience serenity. I was faced with a transportation issue and was beginning to succumb to a two-year-old temper tantrum related to my circumstances when I remembered my gratitude list. A serene feeling attacked my face and a smile sprouted forth from my mouth and I was surprised. I was blessed to feel serene again regarding transportation when at an event three friends were willing to provide me transport to or from my home.

I am grateful today for the gifts that God has bestowed upon me and for the gifts that are yet to come. Namaste!

Love and Light to you! Have a FABULOUS day!

No comments:

Post a Comment